Nationals of third States who carry out an investment activity, in person or through a company, which leads to at least one of the following situations in national territory for at least five years. It covers holders of share capital of a company established in Portugal or in another EU State and having a permanent establishment in Portugal, with a regularized tax situation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVESTMENT ACTIVITY
Exercise of investment activity for a minimum period of five (5) years from the date of granting a residence permit and certified by Declaration under Commitment of Honor.
1. Acquisition of immovable property worth 500 thousand euros or more. Demonstrated by:
2. • Acquisition or promise of purchase of the real estate of which it is a declaration of a financial institution, authorized to the exercise of its activity in national territory, attesting the effective transfer of capital for its acquisition or for effecting the sign of the purchase promise In the amount of 500 thousand euros or more;
3. • Up-to-date certificate of the registry of land registry, which must always record, in the case of a promise contract and whenever legally feasible, the corresponding registration.
4. • The acquisition may be in partnership, provided that each co-owner invests a value equal to or greater than 500 thousand euros. It can also charge them from a value of more than 500 thousand euros and give them rent and exploitation for commercial, agricultural or tourist purposes;
Transfer of capital of EUR 1 million or more. Demonstrated by:
• Declaration of a financial institution authorized to carry out its activity in national territory, attesting the effective transfer of capital amounting to 1 million euros or more, to the account of which it is the sole or the first owner of the capital, or For the acquisition of shares or quotas of companies. In the event that the applicant is a company, he shall be responsible only for the proportion of the investment corresponding to his participation in the share capital;
• Certificate of up-to-date commercial register attesting to the holding of social participation in the company.
• Creation of at least 10 jobs. (Registration of workers in social security)
• Transfer of capital of 250 thousand euros or more (support for artistic production and recovery or maintenance of cultural and social heritage)
• Transfer of capital of € 350,000 or more (scientific and technological research activities)
• Acquisition of assets and real estate in an amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros (in urban rehabilitation area of buildings built for more than 30 years and realization of rehabilitation of real estate acquired)
• Transfer of capital in the amount of 500 thousand euros or more, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital aimed at the capitalization of small and medium-sized enterprises, which, for that purpose, submit their respective investment plan. Capitalization and if it proves viable;
VISAS OF RESIDENCE FOR RESEARCH ACTIVITY OR HIGHLY QUALIFIED
A residence permit is granted for the following purposes:
• Conduct of scientific research to those who have been admitted as PhD students or as researchers to collaborate in an officially recognized research center.
• For the exercise of a teaching activity in an institution of higher education or a highly qualified activity, having an employment contract, a promise of a work contract, an invitation letter issued by the higher education institution or a service contract . The deadlines for taking decisions for applications for the granting of a residence permit are 90 days, for application for renewal of residence permit are 60 days.
DEADLINES OF PERMANENCE
For the purposes of renewing the residence permit, you may have to demonstrate that you have met the following minimum length of stay:
• 7 days, followed or interpolated, in the first year;
• 14 days, followed or interpolated, in subsequent two-year periods.
Holders of Residence Permit for Investment Activity may request the entry and residence of their family members, when they are outside
DOCUMENTS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Proof of legal entry and stay in national territory;
• Proof of health insurance;
• Request for consultation of the Portuguese Criminal Register by SEF;
• Certificate of criminal record of the country of origin or of the country where you have lived for more than one year; • Proof of contributory status regularized on presentation of statement